We welcome all who trust in God’s grace in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and desire to become part of the fellowship and ministry of Christ’s Church.
Persons may enter into active church membership in the following ways:
- Public profession of faith, made after careful examination by the session in the meaning and responsibilities of membership; if not already baptized, the person making profession of faith shall be baptized.
- Certificate of transfer
- Reaffirmation of faith
Benefits of Church Membership
It is a joy and a privilege to be a member in the Church of Jesus Christ! It is also a commitment to participate in Christ’s mission. A faithful member bears witness to God’s love and grace and promises to be involved responsibly in the ministry of Christ’s Church.
- Proclaiming the good news in word and deed
- Taking part in the common life and worship of our congregation
- Lifting one another up in prayer, mutual concern and active support
- Studying Scripture and the issues of a Christian faith and life
- Supporting the ministry of the church through money, time and talents
- Demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church
- Responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others
- Living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural and social relationships of life
- Working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment
- Participating in the governing responsibilities of the church
- Reviewing and evaluating regularly the integrity of one’s membership